Child Education Development Sri Lanka support families living in rural Sri Lanka and the many varied obstacles they face living in extreme poverty. The global economic crisis has hit rural Sri Lanka over the last few years, making it more difficult for the rural poor to meet the most fundamental of needs. Child Education Development helps provide the following to families in crisis.
- Emergency food and housing
- Medicines and medical care
- Household necessities like beds, mattresses, etc
- Water filters
- Ongoing nutritional support
- Home construction and repair
You can support this essential program in a variety of ways.
- Browse the list of families that are in urgent need of assistance. Either through a one-off payment or ongoing supports
- Send a donation to our Family Aid Fund to allow us to provide ongoing assistance to where there is the greatest need
- Send a gift to a specific family or person that you are aware is in need of support.
Holiday Food Baskets
Food prices have continued to rise and the food crisis is taking a toll on children and the most vulnerable with malnutrition a constant challenge among the families we serve. We therefore work to provide impoverished families with extra large food baskets to prepare a festive meal during the holiday seasons. We organize these baskets for:
- Valentine’s Day
- Mother’s Day
- Father’s Day
Child Education Development prepares and gift wraps each basket containing enough food to prepare a festive meal. Each Food basket costs $40.
To send a Holiday Food Basket:
- To your sponsored family please go to send a gift and identify your family
For more information about the Family Aid program please contact email@example.com